It’s the Friday Five! (Belated)
Hello my sweet potatoes! (If you’re out there?)
Okay, so I do realize it’s now Saturday instead of Friday, but I missed the boat yesterday. Oh well, better late than never!
I have been having sooome traffic to this little blog of mine. I just want to extend a formal ‘welcome’ to all of you out there lurking in the shadows. I know you’re out there somewhere. I seeee yooou!
In case my extended lapse in posting is of somewhat of a surpirse, let me recap by explaning I STILL do not have a computer. Very frustrating… Even more disastrous, yesterday I came home and found out this had happened.
Yea. That would be a huge crack in the screen of my Kindle Fire. I had just used it that morning on the commute to work and it was fine. My only guess is that by leaving it in the SwElTeRiNg temperatures of the day, the heat became too much and caused it to crack. Unfortunately (according to Amazon) this type of damage is not covered under the warranty. However, they are going to be nice enough to let me send this one back and get a new one for $100, which half the price. Guess I can’t complain.
And just to prove the blazing hot temps for the last few days, my car read this when I got in it the other day.
She’s so hot, hot, HOT!
Anyway, onto this week’s Friday Five!
1. This week I received my giveaway win from the fabulous Annette for NuNaturals products. I was so excited to open the box and realize not only did I receive the extracts promised in the giveaway, but I also received a large box of packets and a sprinkle container! I used the sprinkles in my oatmeal this morning with some unsweetened almond milk, sliced banana, and also some cinnamon. It was devine!
2. I am also excited about how well our garden is doing this year. We share a garden with my inlaws next door and despite the very dry weather, the crops seem to be doing great!
3. My inlaws also have a small blueberry orchard in which, of course, me and Mr. SP can have all the blueberries we want for free! And this year, the raspberries are also starting to come in…delicious.
4. I am loving the Cliff Kid’s Z bars. After reading about these from Heather’s blog, I simply had to try them. I am munching on one right now as I type, and let me just say, O.M.G. AMAZING! Not to mention they are less expensive than the typical bars and have less calories (130). LOVE!
5. Last, and perhaps the most monumental occasion of all, was this moment.
You’re saying, “What, so it’s a microwave? Big deal.” What if I told you this microwave has been sitting on our kitchen table since we moved in – almost 2 years ago. That’s right, it has been taking up space on the table for almost 2 years! We bought this above range model to go with our new stove when we first moved into Chateau Sweet Potato. Then, because we did not have enough knowledge to install the
microwave, Mr. SP sat it on the kitchen table “just until someone can come put it in.” Although we have still been using our old one, I (the foodie) was getting very tired of looking at this huge thing on the kitchen table and not being able to actually sit down to eat a meal. It had become a long-running joke (yes it sat there long enough to become a long-running joke). At times when Mr. SP and I would bicker over the numerous things I have neglected to take care of around the house (i.e. when it’s my turn to do the dishes, etc.) all I would have to do is point at the microwave. It was very effective. 🙂
That’s it for my week! How was yours? I would love for you to tell me about it!
Have you ever had a house project that has been put off entirely too long?
What is your favorite garden vegetable/fruit?