So, I kinda slacked on the Friday Five last week. Last Friday was SO busy for me, of which I will post about soon. I don’t have a lot to say right now, other than I am soooo happy that today is Tuesday because tomorrow is July 4th and I am off from work! However, it really blows that the holiday is falling right smack dab in the middle of the week. This means no extra long weekend off for me. Boo.
I do have lots planned for tomorrow, including a cookout with plenty of good food and loving family. I am supposed to bring a dessert, but have no idea what I’m going to bring yet. Hopefully I will have something delicious to show you for later!
Anyway, onto the real reason for this post!
Peanut Butter Banana Stuffed French Toast
This is really much more of a NON recipe, but I will still give you the down-low for how I made this AHHH-mazing dish.
Whole Wheat Bread (3 slices)
1 Banana (sliced)
1 tbsp of Natural Peanut Butter (melted and diluted with water for desired consistency)
1 cup of egg whites
1 whole egg
1/2 cup of Almond Milk
Cinnamon to taste.
Nunaturals Vanilla Extract (or other vanilla extract) to taste.
1. Begin heating nonstick skillet or griddle of medium/low heat.
2. Whisk together the egg whites, whole egg, and almond milk in a bowl and add cinnamon and extract.
3. Dunk and soak each piece of bread into liquid and place on pan. Cook on each side about 1 – 2 minutes.
4. While cooking, nuke PB and water in microwave and mix until desired consistency.
5. To assemble, layer bread slices and banana slices. Top with melted PB and sugar free syrup.
So good, that’s all I can say.